Students will design a Typographic poster for Vote 2020 to deliver the message to the public. Student as a designer has the power to inspire the public to register to vote in the 2020 local and general elections. The Vote 2020 student poster design initiative helps promote civic engagement by enabling students to design an original, nonpartisan poster for print. Students will be recommended to submit their posters to the UCDA Student Poster Design Competition.
This project will help students to:
- Understand why the typeface selection is significant for creating a message through typography designs.
- Learn how to convey the messages/contexts through a typographic poster.
- Have engaged in social matters as a designer for social behavior change.
- Know design principles for animation and learn how to create animation.
- Learn how to apply both the new media and traditional media to a design project.
Spring 2020. GD203 Advanced Typography
Department of Graphic Design
College of Arts and Architecture
Penn State University